Dear Parishioners and Friends,
It is with heartfelt gratitude that we thank you for your continued support of the mission and ministry of St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church.
In Mark’s Gospel, Jesus asked his disciples, “Who do people say that I am?” Jesus gives us, his modern-day disciples, an open invitation to follow him. As we at St. Bart’s navigate this period of transition, we find ourselves asking similar questions: Who do we say that we are? Who do we want to be? How can we be better disciples of Christ, and live fully into what God is calling us to be? These vital questions not only frame how we continue to grow together as a community of faith but they also lay the foundation to inform who we will call as our next rector. While these questions may solicit different answers, all these answers are rooted in one similarity: generosity.
Generosity is a hallmark of our Christian identity. There comes a time in each of our lives when Jesus asks us to do something extraordinary: to follow Him and be generous of our time, talent and treasure—all to further the goal of building God’s kingdom.
As we look back on this past year, we have seen what’s possible when we fully unleash our spirit of generosity:
- A joy-filled music program that enhances our worship and fellowship experiences and allows us to reach new audiences;
- A revamped and revitalized Children’s and Youth ministry that allows us to form disciples of all ages;
- Expanded ministries to support our seniors that fully engage them in the life of the parish;
- Enlightening adult formation through forums and Bible studies that deepen our Christian understanding and curiosity; and
- Expanded outreach and service opportunities that allow us to be the hands and feet of Christ in the world.
Friends, this vibrancy, growth and expansion can only continue with your generous support. At this time in the parish’s history, it is of utmost importance to share generously of the bounty God has given to us. Please review the materials below as you prayerfully consider your support for St. Bart’s next year.
Let’s chart a positive future together, guided by our faith and trust in God. This is our time.
Anne M. Hand
Stewardship Committee Chair
Demetreus L. Gregg