About The Order
The Order of the Daughters of the King® is an order for women who are communicants of the Episcopal Church, churches in communion with it, or churches in the historic episcopate but not in communion with it. Our membership currently includes women in the Anglican, Episcopal, Lutheran (ELCA) and Roman Catholic churches.
The St. Bart's Order
Ruth & Naomi Chapter
Founded October 1992
Chapter Chaplain: Rev. Nancy Burnett
Meets every Friday from 2-4pm and includes prayer and study
4th Friday – prayer, study and short business meeting
Our Anglican Tradition
- Recognizes episcopal (bishop's) oversight.
- Believes that Holy Scripture contains all things necessary for salvation.
- Acknowledges the gift of the Holy Spirit in Baptism, the real presence of our Lord in the Holy Eucharist, and worship according to The Book of Common Prayer (or the standard liturgies of Lutheran, Roman Catholic, or other Anglican churches that sponsor chapters.)
Prayer, Service, and Evangelism
Reaffirming the promises made at Baptism and Confirmation, a Daughter pledges herself to a life-long program of prayer, service and evangelism. She receives support in this commitment from a worldwide community of like-minded women.
In solidarity with one another, all Daughters everywhere make the same promises upon their admission to The Order:
- To obey the two Rules of The Order: the Rule of Prayer and the Rule of Service.
- To offer at all times loyal aid to our clergy and parish to spread Christ’s kingdom.
- To wear faithfully the cross of The Order.
- To work for the purposes of The Order as God may give us the opportunity.
The Mission of The Order
The Mission of The Order is the extension of Christ’s Kingdom through Prayer, Service and Evangelism.
The Motto of The Order
For His Sake…
I am but one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
What I can do, I ought to do.
What I ought to do, by the grace of God I will do.
Lord, what will you have me do?
Vision Statement of The Order
Empowered by the Holy Spirit, our vision as Daughters of the King is to know Jesus Christ, to make Him known to others, and to become reflections of God’s love throughout the world.
Watch this video to learn more: Daughters of the King
For more information or to become a member, contact Sandy Morrison.