Our vision calls us to be involved in our local and global communities and to live our faith through our actions, transforming both ourselves and the world around us.
In our local communities, we work closely with Interfaith Community Services (ICS) in Escondido by providing food and support to those in need in the community.
- Breakfast is served to more than 125 people at the ICS site in Escondido on the fourth Wednesday of each month at 6 a.m. Contact Denny Walters for more information or to volunteer.
- Dinner is prepared and served at Merle's Place a transitional-services shelter housing 55 veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces on the first and third Sunday of the month at 4:30 Contact Jill Henderson for more information or to volunteer.
- Dinner is prepared and served at the Haven House, a year round shelter for men and women. Contact Kate McKone-Sweet if you are interested in joining a team.
At St. Bart's we also support those in need at special times of the year.
- Thanksgiving Baskets provide families in transitional housing with a special meal: a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. The Sunday before Thanksgiving the filled baskets are transferred to St. Bart's and then delivered to families. Additional information about this ministry is provide a few weeks before Thanksgiving.
- Angel Tree matches a St. Bart’s member with a specific child. St. Bart’s buys a new gift, specified by the child. The gifts are provided to parents so that they can provide a Christmas Gifts to their children.
- We collect 40-50 shoe donations each year for homeless individuals through the Episcopal Church Center. Some parishioners also volunteer for the Maundy Thursday event, where we offer foot washing, haircuts, and other services to individuals.
- We also host homeless individuals and families for two weeks each year through the Interfaith Rotational Shelter Program. We provide meals, overnight accommodations, and transportation to our guests.
Serving Hearts is a small, but enthusiastic group of volunteers who are looking for ways to help others. Whether it is yard work, helping to do small chores around the house, cleaning up an area that has been neglected, or even housework. Serving Hearts usually has an activity about once a month (depending on needs) on a Saturday morning and they pitch in to do whatever needs doing followed by lunch and fellowship afterward. Contact Cathie Roy if you’re interested in getting involved or if you know of anyone who could use a little help (they don’t have to be parishioners).
St. Bartholomew's hosts an interfaith organization that makes, prepares, and helps parish members tie Prayer Quilts as an outward and visible sign of our prayers and support for others. To request a quilt, call the church office at (858) 487-2159. Also, please join us at the Prayers & Squares meetings on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Quilt Room.
We also provide other Care Ministries to help members of the St. Bartholomew's family.
- Vida Joven de Mexico: We support a child at orphanage in Tijuana, providing funding for his care and gifts for special occasions. We also build friendships through visits, usually the 3rd & 4th Saturdays of each month. Take a look at upcoming trips.
- Youth Trip to Mexico
- We currently provide financial support for Epiphanie School in Loranette, Haiti. Our support provides one meal a day for each child, school supplies, and teachers’ salaries. Learn more about our outreach in Haiti.